We can provide you with support at any stage in your career. You may just be starting to think about what you would like to do and need to find out about education or training that is available to you. Or it may be that you have been working for a number of years, but need some additional support because you are disabled or have a health condition. Either way, we can usually help you to resolve any difficulties you may be having with getting the information and support that you need to get or keep a job. We can also help if you are struggling at work because of an impairment and need some additional information about support and equipment that may be available to help.
Whatever your situation, if it is about work and you have an impairment, we can probably help! And if we are unable to give you an immediate answer, one of our advisors will research the topic and contact you or we will signpost you to an organisation that can provide the advice and information you need.
What sorts of issues do we cover?
We know that each individual situation needs appropriate, relevant and accessible information and support. We have provided personal support to individuals by giving:
- guidance on effective job hunting;
- advice on how you can remove the barriers or difficulties you face, whilst at work or in training;
- information about getting support from the Government (for example, from the Access to Work Scheme or from in work benefits);
- information about telling your boss or work colleagues about your impairment;
- information about how to talk to your employers if you are having difficulties; and
- support if you want to start up a business, or if you are having trouble keeping your business going, because you are disabled or have a health condition.
So, if you need our support, or would like to know more about Work Helpline UK, please contact us.